What is SLT?
Student leadership team is a group of elected student leaders from grades 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th who work to improve the needs of the school and community.
How do I apply?
Applications are due in the spring. Be sure to listen to the announcements for application information! See Mrs. Rusch or Mr. Pennington if you have any questions!
What do members do?
Members organize and volunteer at events within the school and MPMS community. In the past, members have:
- Delivered cards and flowers to residents at Pleasantview Nursing Home
- Assisted with 6th grade Mix It Up day
- Provided student tours during 6th grade orientation
- Collected middle school dance admission
- Volunteered at the Salvation Army in Iowa City
- Organized the selling of over 600 candy grams for Valentine's Day
- Helped with Red Ribbon Week activities
- Assisted the cooks for Random Acts of Kindness day
- Organized a canned food drive competition for the local food pantries
- and many more..,